WHO IS THIS FOR?
Our Whisky 101 class is exactly as it suggests, an informative and hopefully entertaining evening of whisky sampling that will hopefully explain a few things that may surprise you, and possibly dispel a few myths that you may have about this magical elixir.
Here’s a sampler of what Robert will be chatting about:
- A brief overview of the process of whisky making
- Discuss why some whiskies have their age stated while others don’t
- Taste peated versus non-peated styles
- Explore how finishing whisky in a barrel that was used for something else (like sherry, port, or sauternes) changes its flavour
- Time for questions and discussions after each sample
Your tasting kit
- AnCnoc 12 Year $61.99
- Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 Year $104.99
- Benriach 12 Year $99.99
- Old Pulteney 12 Year $59.99
- Highland Park 18 Year $204.99
- Bowmore 12 Year $59.99
- Kilchoman Sanaig $89.99
Host: Robert White
Getting your whisky for the Tasting:
- You will receive an email when your tasting kit is ready for pick up at Rocky Mountain Wine Spirits Beer. You may assign someone else to pick up your whisky during the checkout process. ID including proof of age will be required to pick up the tasting kit. See our store location and hours.
- You may also ship via Canada Post for an extra fee (calculated during checkout). If shipping, be sure to order at least 10 days prior to the tasting so we can get your whiskies to you in time.