Host: Robert White
Robert has worked in the adult beverage industry for over 30 years and 27 years in liquor sales both wholesale and retail. He was Inducted to the Keepers of the Quaich in 2008. This is a society whose members must have at least a ten year contribution to sales of Scottish Whisky and the Scottish Whisky industry – not to be confused with Companions of the Quaich, which is a whisky club for which there are chapters all over the world that anyone can join. The Keepers only invite approximately 50 people in per year. Your name has to be put forward at least twice before you can be accepted. He is number 1832. There are approximately only 40 of them in Canada and 3000 world wide. Pretty impressive, right? Well, besides being a whisky guru, Roberts claim to fame is that he got drunk with the Duke of Argyle – Scottish royalty. He also owns land in Scotland and so he and his wife are supposed to be referred to as “Laird and Lady White.” Fun fact: the land is one square meter in the northern Hebridean Islands – and he’s never even been to it. But hey, it’s the title that counts, right?
WHO IS THIS FOR?
For the more adventurous dram drinker, you’ll be tasting a few of the lesser-known but quality whiskies from the Highlands, Islay and Campbeltown are included in the tasting. The selections will showcase different age statements as well as styles of whisky.
Note: participants must be of legal drinking age.
Your tasting kit
- Tomintoul 14 year (Retail price: $104.99)
- Glencadam 10 year (Retail price: $72.99)
- Lismore 15 year (Retail price: $79.99)
- Balblair 15 year (Retail price: $120.99)
- Glen Scotia 15 year (Retail price: $ 103.99)
- Aberfeldy 12 year (Retail price: $68.99)
- Port Askaig 8 year (Retail price: 64.99)
Getting your whisky for the Tasting:
- Pick up your whisky at Rocky Mountain Wine Spirits Beer anytime between April 23, 2021 – May 6, 2021. You may assign someone else to pick up your whisky during the checkout process. ID including proof of age will be required to pick up the tasting kit. See our store location and hours.
- You can ship via Canada Post for an extra fee (calculated during checkout). If shipping, be sure to order before Thursday, April 22, 2021 so we can get your whiskies to you in time.
Whiskey Tasting Series
Not Your Everyday Whisky is the second seminar in a series of educational whisky tastings at Rocky Mountain Wine Spirits Beer. Stay tuned for future tastings to be released soon.
Here’s what our attendees of the sold-out Whisky 101, held on March 18, 2021, had to say:
“Great way to try new products without the expense of purchasing a whole bottle!”
“Very informative and entertaining event.”
“The Virtual Whisky tasting was very informative, and the whiskies presented were quite delightful. The tasting portions were generous. We would definitely participate in another of Rocky Mountain wine Spirits and Beer tastings again!”
“Virtual Whisky tasting right from my living room – yes please! My husband and I had a great ‘date’ night without even leaving home. 7 different whisky/scotches selected for us. And a presentation to teach us about the distilling process and tasting notes. We learned a lot and look forward to future tasting sessions to keep expanding our palates and minds.