WHO IS THIS FOR?
For the more adventurous dram drinker, you’ll be tasting a few of the lesser-known but quality whiskies from the Highlands, Islay and Campbeltown are included in the tasting. The selections will showcase different age statements as well as styles of whisky.
Note: participants must be of legal drinking age.
Your tasting kit
- Tomintoul 14 year (Retail price: $104.99)
- Glencadam 10 year (Retail price: $72.99)
- Lismore 15 year (Retail price: $79.99)
- Balblair 15 year (Retail price: $120.99)
- Glen Scotia 15 year (Retail price: $ 103.99)
- Aberfeldy 12 year (Retail price: $68.99)
- Port Askaig 8 year (Retail price: 64.99)
Host: Robert White
Robert has worked in the adult-beverage industry for over 30 years on both the wholesale and retail sides of the business. He was inducted into the Keepers of the Quaich in 2008. This is a society that requires a significant and long term contribution to the sales of Scottish Whisky and the Scottish Whisky industry – not to be confused with Companions of the Quaich, which is a whisky club for which there are chapters all over the world that anyone can join. The Keepers of the Quaich only invite approximately 50 people to join each year. Robert is inductee number 1832 out of 3000 world-wide members, and one of the few Canadians to receive the honour. As of today, there are only about 40 Keepers of the Quaich in Canada. Pretty impressive, right? Well, besides being a whisky enthusiast, Robert’s claim to fame is that he got drunk with the Duke of Argyll – Scottish royalty! One last fun fact: Robert was gifted a square metre of land in the northern Hebridean Islands of Scotland. This technically makes Robert a “Laird” in Scotland, and his wife a “Lady”. He’s never actually been to see his little chunk of land, but it’s the title that counts, right?
Getting your whisky for the Tasting:
- Pick up your whisky at Rocky Mountain Wine Spirits Beer anytime between April 23, 2021 – May 6, 2021. You may assign someone else to pick up your whisky during the checkout process. ID including proof of age will be required to pick up the tasting kit. See our store location and hours.
- You can ship via Canada Post for an extra fee (calculated during checkout). If shipping, be sure to order before Thursday, April 22, 2021 so we can get your whiskies to you in time.
Whisky Tasting Series
The Father’s Day Whisky tasting seminar is the third tasting in a series of educational whisky tastings that will take place virtually with Rocky Mountain Wine Spirits Beer. Stay tuned for future tastings to be released soon.